I have an interesting problem.

I am calling this mailsend.exe  program, which sends out email from the command
line and allows for smtp authenication and sending through different port
numbers.  I want to send myself an email every time a major error occurs in
foxpro.

If I use the line

run /n N:\MAILSEND\mailsend1.16 -v -smtp  plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com -port 587 -t
u...@example.com  -f
u...@example.com  -sub "this is a test" -M "this is the body" -auth -user
u...@example.com -pass "password."

It fails with the Run/! command failed

if I do

run /n  mailsend.bat

where the bat file  is one line

 N:\MAILSEND\mailsend1.16 -v -smtp  plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com -port 587
-t  u...@example.com  -f  u...@example.com  -sub "this is a test" -M "this is
the body" -auth -user u...@example.com -pass "password."

it works fine.

Is it because the earlier first example has to bring the entire program into
memory?

I played with the foxrun.pif and put in cmd.exe instead of command.com and that
didn't work.    I also played with some of the memory settings in the pif, and
that didn't work.

This also works on some computers and not others.

Any ideas?

I can use the batch file method as a work-around, but I'd rather have it work
with the run /n command.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---