From: Lou Syracuse [mailto:l...@iconmediadirect.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 8 May 2012 10:37 PM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: RE: Started learning C# today

Their "special" rate of $99 has been in place for over 2 years, they just
change the date on the homepage.  I've been a member there for two years;
remember to cancel if you don't want them to auto-renew you.  :)

It's not a bad deal, I use it more as a reference than sitting down and
watching a series from beginning to end.  If you're just getting started in
.NET I recommend learning C#.   VB.Net was an easier transition for me from
VFP, and the companies I worked for were VB.Net shops (one slowly changed to
C#).  After doing VB.Net for 5 years and am moving to C# too as it seems to
be more widely used.  Just take a look at the online job listings...

Actually I got about 1/2 way through a  really good C# book before the
day-job job busy and I started working on an outside web project.  Check out
"Head First C#" from O'Reilly.   It is not your fathers' textbook as they
take a little different approach to learning, but it might be look.  As
always, YMMV.   :)

http://www.headfirstlabs.com/books/hfcsharp/

ls