On 05/23/2012 06:05 AM, Alan Bourke wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012, at 05:43 AM, Pete Theisen wrote:
>

>> Haven't had M$ problems since I switched to Linux . . .
>>
>> That's WHY I switched to Linux, M$.
>

> And no Linux distro ever has any issues ever, folks! You read it here
> first. No hours spent on forums and Google trying to figure out why a
> minor update of something seemingly unrelated stops your PostgresSQL
> server from starting, no booting to a shell and trying to edit conf
> files with some text editor with Vim-style commands because the GUI
> won't start, no convoluted and torturous manual installation of
> dependencies before installing some piece of software that isn't
> packaged for your distro ... it's all sweetness and light outside the
> Microsoft world!
>
> I use Ubuntu every day.

Hi Alan,

I have heard of other people having those issues, but never have had any
problems since switching to Ubuntu. Taking some classes with Fedora 16.
Have not (personally) had trouble with Fedora 16 either.

As you say, all sweetness and light . . .

Have had some hardware issues, but . . .
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/