I've got an app (in MS Access) that let's the user to fetch the
current data off our mainframe via FTP... after the fetch, my program
slices and dices the data for the report they want to run. This has
been in place for a couple years now.

There are three machines that run this program - mine, and two sitting
side my side in one of the departments. It's just a program sitting on
a network drive - not installed on each machine. We all share it.

All of a sudden, one of the machines won't complete the fetching of
the data file via FTP. The DOS command box just hangs. If I go to that
same folder in strictly DOS mode (i.e. not from within my program),
and enter in the FTP commands by hand, it does the same thing.

It does this regardless of who is logged in.

The other machine works just fine, mine works just fine.

I don't get it... what can I check next?

--
Matt Jarvis
Eugene, Oregon USA