On Thu, August 16, 2012 10:39 am, Alan Bourke wrote:
> How big are these tables?

Yeah sorry...just realized I forgot that detail!  Claims is 2.5 million
rows, and Discharge is 65,000.  Of course there's an index on provnum in
both tables.  Those tables record count will grow over time.  Currently,
there are 116 distinct provnums in Claims and 76 distinct provnums in
Discharge.

I'm going to program this so that when text file data is loaded into the
tables, a distinct updated list is set into another separate lookup table
in that folder.  Then, my code will query that lookup table which--by
definition of process--should contain all of the unique providers.  I'll
use candidate indexes to ensure no duplicates in my lookup free table.