Peter Hart <ph...@peterhartcomputers.co.uk> wrote:

>I have an application which uses Arg Software Ribbon bars.
>
>When I click on an icon to open a form which needs to open a table
>exclusive i.e. for re-indexing. I get an error that the table is
>already in use. I don't get this error if either this is the first form
>opened or I have only opened forms that don't use that particular
>table.
>If I open FoxPro whilst the application is open I can see which tables
>have been used by trying to open the tables exclusive, and the I get
>the error.
>All the forms are based on a form class that has its datasession
>property set private.  I thought these would automatically close any
>tables opened by the form as the form was closed.
>
>Any ideas were I am going wrong?
>
>Is it possible to run through all used work areas to see if the tables
>required are in use and if so close them?
>
>T.I.A.
>
>Peter

If you call a method of an object which was instantiated prior to the form and
pass in an object of the form (form included), the form may not close the data
session since an out standing reference to an object exist.

Run your exe in an open VFP session which has the data session window open. You
should be able to run forms and see if the tables are opening in a private data
session, our if the session gets left open.

I usually start a VFP session that has no connection to my development
environment.

You can use AUSED(), you may need to use SET DATASESSION also.
--
Tracy
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.