I have been trying to use Hiren's Boot CD v 15.1 and ran into trouble. I want to use the DOS boot program to run a BIOS update module. The updater resides on the C: drive.

From DOS I used the file manager to access the C: drive and located the
updater.

I started the BIOS updater started but it asked if I wanted to save the current BIOS to a file and then moved to the next item before I could enter a filename. I let the save run but aborted before it actually updated the BIOS since I wasn't sure that the save defaulted to a real file name.

Now I cannot get back into this step. I get the error that the program is too big to fit in memory. I rebooted the Hiren's and now cannot do anything with it. Every routine such as DOS config, set ram size, file manager, etc. crashes the system.

I see that there is a new version 15.2 but I cannot find anyplace to download it. Some links want me to sign up and give them my credit card number which I am not about to do.