MB Software Solutions, LLC wrote on 2012-11-09:
>  I'm buying a new desktop (yes, desktop) to serve as a new dev
>  machine/code repository in my home office.  I'm still designing VFP9SP2
>  apps on the side.  I'm configuring a Dell Vostro 260 mini tower.  For
>  the OS, the default is Windows Home Premium.  Add $70 to go to Windows 7
>  Professional.
>
>  For VFP apps, they should work with the Home version, right?  No sense
>  spending the extra $70 if I don't need to.
>
>  Your thoughts?
>
>  tia,
>  --Mike

Mike,

What stands out to me that is different between Home Premium and
Professional is the ability to connect to a domain.

VFP apps run in Home Starter. I've not installed VFP 9 itself into that OS.
I wouldn't expect it wouldn't work.

Premium has the Areo Glass, where the lower versions don't.

Tracy Pearson
PowerChurch Software