On 11/10/2012 1:33 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
We grabbed a copy of one client's data today and an attempt to PACK the DBF
resulted in "Missing or invalid memo" error. We downloaded a second copy to
confirm it's the data and not a bad copy.

What's the current guidance on memo field repair?

When I worked at Sylvan, we'd encounter this way too often. But in that situation, most times I could grab a older backup of the file, open the two of them (aliased Current and Backup) and just do a SCAN loop in the old one checking the value of the memo field with a TRY/CATCH wrapped around it. When I'd hit the corruption, I'd seek the record (via PK) in the Backup table and grab the memo value from there. Not perfect, but worked good in that situation. Not a cure-all, and sometime they lost memo field contents, but that's the best that could be done given what they had.

There's that old Abri Recover tool too.  ??

--
Mike Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC