AFAIK - this is a Desktop app - and not web based at all. But, again - my buddy has so far given me VERY Little information!

But - I do like the idea that I could use VFP code - and use it WITH C#/.Net - which is definitely a selling point for me.

-K-

On 11/11/2012 2:24 PM, pro...@gatwicksoftware.com wrote:
I started half and half. I went to c# and asp.net because I needed web services
that VFP could not handle. But although I own Visual Studio, I did this in the
free version which has most the stuff in it. That way I could use my code in
VFP as a com dll and use asp.net and c# as the web service.

Al

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Kurt @ VR-FX
Sent: ‎11‎ ‎November‎ ‎2012 ‎17‎:‎54
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
CC: Wes Wilson
Subject: Re: Do NOT use "old" FoxPro?

So - truth is - I've already been giving this a lot of thought in the
past 24 hours. One option I was thinking - is that I could literally
LEARN a new technology and "cut my teeth on it" using this project - and
that would be one way to be assured of GETTING the project - and getting
new experience! Although, in communicating with them about this project
- and I can ALSO suggest your really good point of lowered costs in
developing the system using VFP - since it would not require a costlier
solution like the extra time & effort to setup an SQL server - as well
and developing the rest of the solution. I'm sure you would agree with
me that THIS is finally a GOOD Idea(learning a New Tech)! Right?