On 10/11/12 02:49, AndyHC wrote:
no can do from here - it just times out
   AndyD  8-)# in Goa
<snip>

No luck from Australia either, Andy.
I tried many times, first when Ed posted the original message and again on the weekend; timed out each time. FireFox on Ubuntu 10.04.

Today I asked wife and one daughter to attempt access from work computers, all Windows, neither successful.

We also failed to get a response using the iPhone.

This afternoon I searched locally and found there was one CFF web site for each Australian State. Tried to phone but it was right on 5.00pm, call went to messagebank.

Daughter suggests CFF probably have a world wide agreement - to block access from callers in other countries. To save someone donating to an overseas group when they meant to cash to go locally. So, I explored further.

Attempted to access CFF India.   (ref: AndyHC - Goa)
Found this page
http://www.cfww.org/pub/english/cfwnl/7/617/Cystic_Fibrosis_in_India

That seems to knock Carolyn's idea on the head. Especially since I was able to access the DONATE page attached to that one. However, at the bottom of that (Indian) page I find the following note.

* Cystic Fibrosis Worldwide Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization based in Worcester, Massachussets. All donations are tax-deductible. Donors will receive a letter via email for their tax records.

That made me wonder whether perhaps I could donate on that page and somehow add the correct references to attach the donation to Ed's effort. But am I going around in circles...

USA people, please attempt to access the Indian and the Australian site (below). If you are all successful, I'll begin to believe the block is a one-way affair and will phone locally tomorrow trying to find some answers.

The Australian Site:
http://www.cysticfibrosis.org.au/

Thanks
GT