Flood Insurance, Already Fragile, Faces New StressThe federal government's
flood insurance program, which fell $18 billion into debt after Hurricane
Katrina, is once again at risk of running out of money as the daunting
reconstruction from Hurricane Sandy gets under
wayhttp://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/13/nyregion/federal-flood-insurance-program-faces-new-stress.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20121113Look
 at the pictures. People built their houses on the sandbars. They never could
have gotten insurance from a private company but the Feds picked it up. Without
the insurance these people would never have build there.Now we have to pick up
the tab for billions and billions of dollars. It is insane. We have a huge
federal debt and now this.The sandbanks are for the enjoyment of everyone to
visit not for private development.Nicholas Geti

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---