Judith Barer <> wrote:
> I have developed a vfp 8.0 app. I uses vfp dbf files.  I work for a
> kosher certifying agency.  We need to communicate with other
> certifying agencies via web services.  I do not think it wil be a
> problem for me to consume their web service and get their info but I
> was wondering how to provide a web service for them.  My database is
> not on a web server.  Is there a way to provide web services to them
> without having to put the data in a sql server database or mysql.
> Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

What is your web environment, IIS or Appache?  That will be the first step.
Can your data be access from outside of your firewall if your web server is
not on site?

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/