From: Malcolm Greene [mailto:pro...@bdurham.com]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 7:22 AM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: [NF] Looking for tips for shielding microwave ovens/2.4 ghz
cordless phones for wireless network

Hi guys,

Background: Portable computers on wireless network, communicating in the 2.4
ghz N range on channel 6. Unfortunately the computers have built-in NIC's
that only support 2.4 ghz so 5 ghz is not an option.
We're dealing with interference from microwave ovens (regular and
inverter) and from cordless phones operating in the 2.4 ghz range. The
cordless phones are part of an expensive proprietary security system that
can not be replaced with 5 ghz alternatives.

I'm looking for suggestions (products? materials?) on how we can shield our
microwave ovens to minimize interference with our wireless network and what
options (if any?) we have for minimizing the impact of the cordless phones
in our area.

Ideas appreciated!

Thanks!

Malcolm

--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts --- multipart/alternative
  text/html
---