Paul Hill <> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm evaluating a client/server solution for an existing product.
>
> Does anyone have experience with SQL Express 2005 (aka MSDE) in a
> network environment?
>
> Pros/Cons?  I'm guessing performance will be a lot lower than the
> full blown version.  Don't care about the lack of DTS or replication.
>
> The software is used in small hotels, the number of users on average
> is 1-5. Obviously for larger sites a full blown SQL server would be
> needed but for the smaller sites (the majority) it's not commercially
> viable.  All sites have a file server, some will possibly have a
> version of SQL server already if they're running something like Small
> Business Server.
>
> I'm not new to SQL Server, but I've always worked with the 'proper'
> version in companies where cost was not an issue!

Sounds like a perfect fit.  And you can replicate to "real" servers if
needed.

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/