Every time I think I understand something a new wrinkle throws me for a
loop. I have a client table (family to bill). I have a student table
(families have multiple kids) and a classes table (class with the students
enrolled). I made an intermediate table spots (classID, studentID,
clientID). This was easy enough until I was asked to provide attendance for
each class per session. Some sessions are 5-weeks, team classes are billed
monthly. Now I'm stumped because students can start mid-session, change
classes, and even make-up a set number of missed classes.

Maybe I'm just being lazy but with peak enrollment at 450+, I'm feeling
overwhelmed trying to say (present or absent. or make-up per student). Is
the attendance table going to be like the spot table except it will also
contain a session/date/week. It sort of seems redundant in a way.

Gary Jeurink

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---