In my findings of event firing order, I've noticed there is a difference
between using a mouse vs. the keyboard to navigate:

Text boxes on a form:
     Keyboard :
        TB1.Valid
        TB1.LostFocus
        TB2.When
        TB2.GotFocus
     Mouse:
        TB1.Valid
        TB2.When
        TB1.LostFocus
        TB2.GotFocus

Text boxes in a grid (changing columns):
     Keyboard:
        BeforeRowColChange
        TB1.Valid
        TB1.LostFocus
        TB2.When
        TB2.GotFocus
        AfterRowColChange
    Mouse
        TB1.Valid
        TB1.LostFocus
        TB2.When
        TB2.GotFocus
        AfterRowColChange

Fred

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Gene Wirchenko <ge...@telus.net> wrote:

> At 17:12 2013-05-21, Ken Dibble <krdib...@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>      Why exactly this works, I have no idea.  It does get gotfocus firing
>>> again after the page activates though, and the code executes properly.  I
>>> sure hope that it does not break anything else.  I hate kludges.
>>>

>> I'm not following this extremely closely. However, later versions of VFP
>> have gotten increasingly hinky when it comes to the behavior of controls on
>> page frames. There are paint and refresh() issues galore. So on the whole,
>> using the page Activate() method to force controls on the page to do what
>> they should do on their own no longer seems unusual to me, and not a bad
>> solution.
>>

>      What I found odd is the ordering of the events.
>
>      My solution is certainly a kludge.  Unfortunately, a seemingly
> necessary  one if I am to avoid using the keyboard command.  (Why am I
> changing working code?  I am trying to get rid of assumptions of what and
> when a control will be used.  This might end up being a waste of time.
>  Live and learn.)
>

>  And yes, it's a kludge, a work-around for a fairly annoying set of VFP
>> bugs.
>>

>      I am consoled that I am not getting it wrong here, that it is VFP.
>
>      Either that, or I am not consoled by the fact that VFP is mucked up.
>
>      Thank you for your comment.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Gene Wirchenko

> Searchable Archive:
> http://leafe.com/archives/**search/profox<http://leafe.com/archives/search/profox>
> http://leafe.com/archives/**byMID/profox/<http://leafe.com/archives/byMID/profox/>
> ** All postings, unless explicitly stated otherwise, are the opinions of
> the author, and do not constitute legal or medical advice. This statement
> is added to the messages for those lawyers who are too stupid to see the
> obvious.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---