I have been printing carbonless forms using VFP for some time. The problem I have been having is that there are two pages wasted on each job. One at the beginning and one at the end. The one at the beginning is caused by a ??? Letter Quality Mode control character sent to the printer to put it in letter quality mode. I have tried everything and we have discussed this before. Many people have wrestled with the same problem with no solution.

But today I noticed something that may help get the answer. I printed an invoice with the printer turned off. When I went to the printer control panel I noticed 3 jobs. Here is what I saw:
                                           Pages
    Menu Bar                            1        680 bytes
    FoxPro User-defined Job      N/A       1.83K
    Menu Bar                             1       680 bytes

I deleted the two Menu Bar pages and the FoxPro User-defined Job printed perfectly with no blank pages. The Menu Bar jobs are the blank pages.

Now, any ideas on how to print the blank pages without them going to the printer?

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson
j...@san-dc.com