From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of John Weller
Sent: 15 July 2013 15:41
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: RE: Blat Problem

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your invaluable (as always) help.  The problem appears to be with
Gmail and Blat; using Gmail and CDO the same account details are working well
and using my account and Blat all is well.  The log results are:

2013.07.15 15:01:20 (Mon)------------Start of Session----------------- Blat
v3.1.1 (build : Feb 27 2013 20:04:29) 32-bit Windows, Full, Unicode
Error: Wait a bit (possible timeout).
*** Error ***  SMTP server error
Error: Not a socket.
Error: Not a socket.
2013.07.15 15:01:50 (Mon)-------------End of Session------------------

I have to confess I've never kept up with a lot of this technology and the
message 'Not a socket' is meaningless to me.

John Weller
01380 723235
07976 393631

you're
> trying to reach needs to be able to speak the same set of protocols.
> I recall a while ago Google Mail was trouble, as I needed to set up
> some
sort
> of certificate to exchange with the server to establish an encrypted
> connection. Looking over topics in the Blat Google Group, this doesn't
seem
> to be the case any more. Google Mail is no doubt the target of
> Billions of spam attempts each day, so it's understandable they would
> make access a little challenging.
>
> The fact that it works with your credentials but fails with the other
> set
of
> credentials is a great clue. I have run into trouble with Blat failing
properly
> parse a command line, where a single missing space (or additional
> one!) would cause it to fail. You might want to try turning on the log
> and
seeing