ALL the libries in B4A are mostly produced by the community and there are reams
of them. Camera, FTP, SQL Server, MySQL

Example community forum for updates
http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/forum/forums/additional-libraries-classes-and-official-updates.29/

A full list of all supported libraries
http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/wiki/index.php/Libraries

You can download the demo system but it doesn't really allow you to build
anything as you can only use the base core libraries (none of the above) which
limits you somewhat. But it will give you an idea and the cost is minimal for
the full dev system. The setup tutorials are good and if you need any
assistance just shout!

Full camera support is available and in my stock take system you can take
pictures of items that you can't identify, send them up to the server for
further analysis. There is a signature recognition library available as well
but I haven't tried any of it yet and printing of screens etc can be done in
many ways as well as emailing via either pop3/smtp or with a google gmail
library.

Data access is done via sqlite on the Android.

The only drawback is that it is only Android based, so no iPad or windows 8
apps but to be quite honest, all the dev systems like MobiForm that I have
tried really creak at the seams when you are doing anything other than simple
form based work. In effect you just have a simple card index using mobiform.

The best Apple and Android dev system that I have used is Appcelerator
Titanium. A great open source system (Titanium Desktop) but it does take more
getting into as it is really biased towards the lower level Apple
"Objective-C" style of programming with it's style of framework even though it
is in fact based on Java. Note there really is a reason to call it "Objective"
lol!

Best of luck!

Dave