When I turned my notebook on today I got a overheating error.  The room was 85
F since I had not turned on the Air Conditioning yet.

As far as I can tell, the specifications for my CPU have a maximum 100 C
rating, with the warning occurring when the CPU reaches 90 C

So I downloaded Speedfan and found out my CPU was running hot, over 80C.   I
configured Speedfan to automatically adjust the fan speed.

After doing that and vacuuming out the vents the computer was under 70 C

I then changed the power settings to lower the max CPU to 50%  and got the
temperature to 55C and lower.

Finally, I decided to run Combofix.   It must have found some things running in
the background because now I have a temperature of 42 C  Of course the room
temperature dropped from 29 C to 25 C too.

If I had to do it all over again, I would try Combofix first.

Mike