I was at my customer's site from 8/20-8/31/13.  On 8/21, we discovered that all
of the PRGs in \SBT7\AP\ were empty.  Date and time stamps

were untouched.  We are converting an old VisionPoint, SBT7 program to Visual
FoxPro.

My customer blamed me since his network was behind a firewall and they had
never had this problem before.  More on that later.

He insisted that I use there computers only which I did.   When I left on 8/31,
I took a complete backup.

About a week after I left, my customer said his entire system was compromised
by malware that attaches nasty code to autorun.inf.  No question in his mind
that we caused it.  Turned out he had an antiquated firewall and workstations
with no protecion at all.   He found one workstation that was loaded with
virus/malware programs.

Last week they started testing again and we have since discovered that several,
not all, of the PRGs and SPRs are again empty.   This time

in the AR folder.   Have not looked at AP yet.  In spite of the above, he is
still convinced that we are responsible for the empty PRGs.

No other system on my 2 laptops have had any such problems.   That being said,
I would certainly like to know more about what caused this.

Has anyone heard of malware like this?

Wes

Wes Wilson, President
ERW Custom Programming, Inc.