On 10/03/13 06:06 PM, Jack Skelley wrote:
Good Evening:
At wits end on this one...
I have a prg where I create a cursor to populate a report. Works fine from the
prg.
I then take that same code and copy it to a method in a form and the when the
report runs from the form I get a variable not found error. That variable that
is not found was used in the same cursor name for a previous report. After the
report runs in the first report the cursor is closed.
The report that errors has never had that variable in it. The other report that
has the variable not found in the second report runs fine. I have looked for
the variable in the frx and it does not exist.
Even when I create the variable on the second report it still reports variable
not found.
What am I missing? Even when I create a new report with 1 field from the cursor
on it the error is the same.
Is there some clandestine dataenvironment on the form?
Thanks for any help.

Jack,

Not quite clear on a couple of points.

1) You create a cursor and then do a Report Form. You then took the code to create the cursor and put that in a method of the report. Correct?

2) Assuming you start with a 'do Report Form ...', what calls the method and how?

3) You talk about the first and second reports. Same report form or different ones? Same code in same method or different?
Are they executed in immediate sequence?

Dan Covill