From: Ted Roche [mailto:tedro...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 6:08 PM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: mysql workbench

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Gary Jeurink <g.jeur...@charter.net> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply but the
> False = 0 / N / .F.
> True = 1 / Y / .T.
> .. is over my head is that associate array?
>
> My biggest block today is how to set the value of a date variable without
> syntax error in PHP
>
> function getCurWeek() {
>    $curDate = Date('Y/m/d');
>    $firstDate = DateTime::createFromFormat('Y/m/d', '2013-08-27');
>    $secondDate = DateTime::createFromFormat('Y/m/d', '2013-09-02');
>    if ($curDate >= $firstDate && $curDate <= $secondDate)
>    {
>       $curWeek = '01';
>       return $curWeek;
>     }
> First and second date won't fly
>
> Gary Jeurink

You are so close! createFromFormat says to use the format string you
specify: 'Y/m/d' to parse the string '2013-08-27' - the Y, m and d are
special character placeholders that specify 4-digit-year, month and day.
The slashes are 'literal characters' that says there are slashes in the
string to ignore.

So, change the dashes in your string to slashes. Or change the slashes in
your format string to dashes.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC