My understanding is that you want a way to store temp files for a user/session.

We have many clients that use terminal services to access a network that is located in the cloud or in a satellite office. Sometimes there are many users using RDP along with many users on the local network. Each user/session needs a unique temp folder for temp files to avoid collisions (like you mention)

Sys(0) will give 1 if single user so no problem. Ignore below.

If SYS(0) is not type "N" but is type "C" that will be the unique user/session name on that computer.

Sys(0) will give something like "ntw2#Administrator. ntw2 is your workstation name.

Getenv("clientname") will give your a unique user/session name on that computer. For the temp folder I use something like this:

lcTemp = sys(0)
i = at("#",lcTemp)
lcWorkstationNameTemp = Lower(Alltrim(Left(lcTemp,(i-1)))) && NTW2 # Administrator -> ntw2
lcWorkstationName = lcWorkstationNameTemp + Getenv("clientname")

lcWorkstationName is your unique name for that user/session and is the name of the subfolder. Note that this will work for all cases (as far as I know). Even if the user opens more than one vfp session on that workstation/RDPsession.