Whil Hentzen wrote a spiffy little ebook on using SQLite for exactly this
purpose, pulling in large text files and then parsing out the parts needed
into a VFP app. [Full disclosure: I edited some of the text, so I'm due
exactly 0% of the massive royalties I'm sure he's making.]

http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/sqlite2gb.htm

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC