Check Help on RELEASING OBJECTS and related

I usually do something like this:

do form myform name oForm linked

do things with the oForm object properties and then

oForm.release
oForm = NULL

Of course that applies to a form, thus the call to the release method. For another object do something like:

oObj = createobject('xxx')

release oObj
oObj = NULL

If the class is derived from a procedure in a prg

set procedure to myproc.prg additive  && contains the class 'myclass'

oObj = createobject('myclass')
Use the object and then kill it:
release oObj
oObj = NULL

and finally, you can kill the procedure with

Release procedure myproc.prg

Rafael Copquin