On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Ed Leafe <ed.le...@rackspace.com> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2014, at 2:17 PM, Stephen Russell <srussell...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Would never have thought to use meetup because that is so old and
> outdated.
> > It never really got any functionality here in Memphis.  Probably because
> > not enough people gave a flip to go out and do something?
>
> Well, that certainly is one of the requirements of being a community, no?

Meetups are alive and well in New Hampshire.  A number of groups of all
stripes meet each month, from WordPress to Google Glass, .NET to Web Dev.

I think it is a huge stretch, though, to equate "number of programmers" to
"number of people who sign up for a meetup." Programmers are INTP while
meetups are ENTJ, or something.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC