When we get the Word document pedigree (it is a pedigree for a Standardbred
racehorse)  we're trying to run through each pedigree and updating some of
the information pertaining to the sale (hip number, location at the sale,
owner's name).

This is new to me but I was able to use the Find/Replace code to update data
in one of the cells of the table this way;

        orange = oword.activedocument.range(0,0)

        #define wdreplaceone 1

        WITH orange.find
        .text = "Barn"
        .replacement.text = "North Hall"
        lfound = .execute( , , , , , , , , , , wdreplaceone )
        endwith

        orange = oword.activedocument.range(0,0)

        WITH orange.find
        .text = "Row"
        .replacement.text = "Row A"
        lfound = .execute( , , , , , , , , , , wdreplaceone )
        endwith

But, the first cell of the first table in the Word document contains a
number in sequence inserted by the group that is actually creating the
document. The first cell will eventually contain the hip number assigned to
that particular horse which is being sold at auction.

I'm starting to think that the easiest solution would be for me to ask them
to just insert a placeholder like "hipnumb" that the code could look for in
a Find/Replace situation.

Jim Harvey
Spring Grove, PA
cell 717-887-2565