On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 4:12 AM, Andrew MacNeill <li...@aksel.com> wrote:

> Hope all are good. I'm seeing a weird message on certain machines and my
> VFP app.
> It may be runtime based but it's not consistent.
>
> On a 64-bit machine (Win7) at a client, when trying to print, I get Error
> context.
> I've even just tried creating a report directly in VFP and still get the
> same results.
> Now, doing the same thing on a another computer works fine.
>
> Part of me seems to think this is network security related but I can't be
> sure. The project occurs  even if I launch VFP as Admin.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?
>

>From the first error you describe, I'd think the print server lacked the
32-bit drivers: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732946.aspx

When you say "doing the same thing on another computer works fine" is it
also a 64-bit Win7 machine, and also accessing the same printer?

VFP runs as a 32-bit app, which causes 64-bit windows to run it through an
emulation, Windows on Windows or SysWow64. Shades of Win32s, right? So,
essentially, the remote printer server sees a 32-bit machine requesting
32-bit printer driver software, which sometimes isn't installed by default.

OTOH, if the two machines really are "the same" then, yes, that means the
problem is something else, perhaps with user account priviledges (can you
try logging in as the same user to each machine?)

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC

multipart/alternative