I am interested in something like this to create a UI in a browser.

However, I don't think Node.js is very good for my accounts receivable relational database (VFP9 SP2) application. Here is what I found on this page: http://www.toptal.com/nodejs/why-the-hell-would-i-use-node-js

"Using Node.js with a relational database is still quite a pain (see below for more detail). Do yourself a favour and pick up any other environment like Rails, Django, or ASP.Net MVC if you’re trying to perform relational operations."

Of course, I did not read everything as there is a lot available. I got the impression that "chat" was the ideal type of application for Node.js. Maybe someone who knows more about it could add to this?