What is the value of  srit_db.crank?

My suspicion is that it has something VFP would consider "non standard" ACSII.

Test it by replacing the srit_db.crank value with something else...like "Hello World"

Mike Copeland

Geoff Flight wrote:
Hello all,

I still read this list but I have moved onto managing a training company now
but have a VFP contacts/mailing database we use.  It all works well but I
just tried to get the caption for page1 to read "Details (X)" with X
replaced by a ranking field. brain-dead easy right?  My code for this is...

thisform.pageframe1.page1.caption='Details ('+srit_db.crank+')'

The result is as follows... "(Details (X"

not only is the last parenthesis coming up first instead of last it has
swapped it around.  I remember in my former career having problems with it
and if I recall right, gave up on it.

Does anyone have a reason for this behaviour and better still... a
work-around?

Cheers

Geoff Flight
SRIT