On 6/2/2014 1:52 PM, Tracy Pearson wrote:
Ken Kixmoeller (ProFox) wrote on 2014-06-02:
  Hey - - -
Does anyone know of a utility that one could use to open and edit DBFs?
In
  this case, the one he needs to view/edit is a free table. There are
  VFP6-level. A client used one (ETL?) which works, but hoses the CDX each
  time.
(I built in an administrative utility to do this in my VFP framework, but
  it happens that he has version 1 of it, where I forgot to scan for free
  tables. I can't just provide a newer version.)
Ken

Ken,

Check the downloads http://leafe.com/dls/vfp
My first thought is vRunFox? for the version you need.

Tracy Pearson
PowerChurch Software

+1 for vRunFox. I have applications on corporate networks and even though I have a command prompt in my applications, sometimes I need to investigate before the application opens. vRunFox works great for checking things out and fixing things if need be.

I also have Stonefield Database Toolkit along with a reindex, update, & repair application for each app external to the application.

I would never, Never NEVER, *NEVER* open up a table or DBC in anything but FoxPro. With the tools available there should never be a need to.

HTH

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson