From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of
mbsoftwaresoluti...@mbsoftwaresolutions.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:41 AM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Interesting GOTCHA from 16-byte binary key

Yes but in this case it wasn't disabling the value; it wasn't showing it at all
for some reason.  Here's how I populate the cbo in the Init
event:

this.Clear
SELECT curJobTypes
SCAN
        this.AddItem(ALLTRIM(curJobTypes.cJobType))
        this.AddListItem(curJobTypes.cID,this.NewItemId,2)
ENDSCAN

ADDPROPERTY(this,'cOrigValue','')

So when I SET STEP ON and traced in, I could see it add the cryptic keys (cID
field) in as expected; however, when the user chose that option in the
dropdown, the cbo.value wasn't the full cryptic key.  Changing the \ to _ fixed
it.  So technically, I guess it wasn't the full \0 but perhaps the \, but since
that's how escape characters are built and \0 is null iirc, I concluded that
I'll just regenerate the key if leading with a \.

--Mike