On 6/24/2014 8:58 AM, Paul McNett wrote:
Let me guess. One machine is 64 bit and the other 32?

Paul

On Jun 24, 2014, at 6:25, Jeff Johnson <j...@san-dc.com> wrote:

On 6/24/2014 6:22 AM, Peter Cushing wrote:
Jeff Johnson wrote:
I have a customer that is using remote desktop locally on a "server".  The
"server" is a Windows 7 computer.  They have a printer on their workstation (Windows 8)
that has a printer connected to a USB.  It is a Brother with all of the software installed.  The
printer and scanner work fine locally.  We installed the drivers on the server, but when we go to
print out of my VFP application, it sends the job to the local printer and sits in the Q with an
error.  I can't find any way to find out what the error is, but I believe it has something to do
with the driver.

To install the software for the printer it needs the USB cable being plugged in
- or so it says.  When installing the printer on the Windows 7 computer it
looks like it is installing drivers from the Windows 8 machine, and it does put
print jobs in the print queue, but they don't print.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get the two machines to talk?
Is the printer on the windows 8 machine shared?  I would think that would need
to happen, then install it on the windows 7 machine as E.g.  HP1200 on
w8machine.

Peter
Peter:  The printer works 100% on the Windows8 machine and is shared.  The
printer was installed on the Windows7 machine and when printing to it, the job
shows up in the print queue on the Windows 8 machine but does not print.

Thanks,

That would be correct Paul.  W8=64  W7=32

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson
j...@san-dc.com