It may be additive, but it's still a 'replace' statement and will create a new
field in the .fpt.
My recommendation would be to extract the existing memo content into a string
memvar, then show the user that with the date/time stamp.  If they choose to
add notes, when they're done do 1 replace.  If they don't add, or cancel, then
just leave everything as is.
Dan Covill

> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:59:50 -0400
> From: mbsoftwaresoluti...@mbsoftwaresolutions.com
> To: profoxt...@leafe.com
> Subject: Re: bottom of memo field
>
> Hi Thierry,
>
> I thought the same thing at first until I read that ADDITIVE clause.
> Still applies to bloat concern??
>
> Thanks,
> --Michael
>

> On 2014-08-11 11:50, Thierry Nivelet wrote:
> > Hi Rafael:
> >
> > You may want to avoid memo bloat:
> >
> > replace curList.pv_mo with '';
> >     + Replicate('*',100) + Chr(13);
> >     + Ttoc(Datetime())  + Chr(13);
> >     + Replicate('*',100) + Chr(13);
> >     + ''  additive
> >
> > each REPLACE increases the .fpt size
> >
> > Thierry Nivelet
> > FoxInCloud
> > Give your VFP app a second life in the cloud
> > http://foxincloud.com/

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---