Thanks, I think I found it. Instead of going the - as I thought - more
arduous route of creating classes for my forms, I was using scx's and
creating runtime objects via Do Form <formname> Name <oObjectName> linked.
I've never been so lazy before so I never checked to see if you could add
_access/_assign methods to a scx. It seems you can't (anyone at all please
confirm). I just gave Save as Class a shot and  bingo! everything is there
to be messed around with, but only with class based definitions, not
Form/scx's.
Live and learn.

-Lew Schwartz