On 12/17/2014 11:29 AM, Wes Wilson wrote:
   It almost feels like Microsoft made a subtle change that impacted on VFP's
ability to handle paths.
Issue 1: MPRIOR_CK - variable not found. made it public and program worked.
Program then behaved differently when run under the dev license vs running the
exe.
  Worked fine when I ran it under VFP 9 dev license but not when I ran
NOVA.EXE.   It could not find novahelp.dbf.  Then I changed to the full
reference and it did find it.   It is possible that MPRIOR_CK is initialized
from a mem file that could no longer be found due to no being able to find it.
Set Path To
\Nova\mha,Help,Main,Admin,Fox_Gl,Bd,Bob,Chg,Class,Clie,Com,End,Prod, ;
  Rep,Err,Focus,Other,Ord,Comp,Fee,FoxCmd,Graphics,Menu,WebFocus,Pershing &&
ERW-WGW 05/25/05
Set Help To NOVAHELP.Dbf stopped finding NOVAHELP.DBF.  I changed the command to
"SET HELP TO \NOVA\FOXP\CBS\HELP\NOVAHELP.DBF and it worked.
Wes
    Wes Wilson, President   ERW Custom Programming, Inc. Crescent Lake Plaza
5459  Elizabeth Lake Rd.
Waterford, MI 48327
(248) 683-4182
www.visual-foxpro-programmer.com

  www.erw.com weswil...@erw.com

Wes: This is probably not what you want to hear, but I always specify full paths and do not rely on the VFP path. I store them in configuration files. That way I don't get mixed up with moving my applications to any environment.

HTH

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson