Yesterday, using the magic of something called ajax, I brought the
following two options online:

http://keepamericaatwork.com/2015_lca_apps.php
http://keepamericaatwork.com/2014_lca_apps.php

It simply generates a drop down list showing all job occupations in america
and then selects the visa data from the appropriate year.

What I am thinking about doing is adding a button to view a map so that
when they click on the button, they will see the same data that they are
viewing as a table generated by the dropdowns above.

It is a simple matter to take the same sql select statement in the same
code and generate an xml file after it generates the table.

What I am wondering though is how long does that xml file stay open?
Is it for the session?

So if they click the button, this will open up a new screen with the
appropriate map display code which calls the xml generation code (this is
the way the google maps that I'm using now works).

Rather than generating a xml table the traditional way which would require
me to pass the sql select from one page to another, I want to generate the
xml at the same time I generate the table and then simply call that xml
file.

// Change this depending on the name of your PHP file
downloadUrl("over50xml.php", function(data) { var xml = data.responseXML;

where the over50xml.php is at, I want it to use a name like generic.xml so
that I can reuse the map over and over

Is that possible, or does it automatically disappear from memory as you
move from screen to screen.

No way to test it right now as I'm not at my computer so I was wondering if
one of you foxpro xml types had run across this before?

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---