At 05:01 2015-02-26, Ted Roche <tedro...@gmail.com> wrote:
If only there was some reference other than the help you could go to
for these kinds of things...

     I already did that.

Tamar wrote: "These two commands determine display and calculation of
numbers involving decimals. SET DECIMALS determines the minimum number of
decimals used and displayed. SET FIXED determines whether the SET DECIMALS
value is also the maximum number displayed."

There's quite a bit more, in the SET DECIMALS topic in HackFox.

Yes, I know. I checked it before posting. None of it seems relevant, and it might even be incorrect.

I have 0.042 and want "0.042" but get "0.040" with transform(0.042,"9.999").

"SET DECIMALS determines the minimum number of decimals used and displayed."? So why is it seemingly the *maximum* in my case? I am getting only two decimal digits instead of the three that the number has.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko