My wife just showed me how the Favorites Bar works in Word 2007 but does
not show up in the navigation routines in Word 2010.  I have spent several
hours trying to figure out the correct terminology to Google for and have
concluded that "Favorites Bar" is it and that I want to "Show it"  I was
sure I had found a link that would give me the answer but it ended up being
a dead one.

Does someone know what one needs to do to enable this functionality in
Office 2010?  I have established that Open Office on the same machine
allows it just fine so the problem must be in the Microsoft office
program's configurations.  I have not checked them all - only Word and
Excel.

Answers, clues, or guesses?

Thanks in advance,

Joe