+1 for Alan's comment. SMB3 seems to have cured all the cache problems inherent
with SMB1/SMB2

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Alan Bourke
Sent: 10 March 2015 14:52
To: profox@leafe.com; profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Index Corruption / SMB

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, at 02:32 PM, Man-wai Chang wrote:
> In addition to un-necessary caching, you also need to disable
> opportunistic locking (oplocks) in Samba.

No, you don't. Leave the caching alone. it's there for a reason. If you're
having to mess with caching on a regular basis, you need to be looking at your
program code.

You *can't* turn off OpLocks under SMB2 and SMB3. You have to knock everything
back to SMB1 and then turn off OpLocks which to me is both unnecessary and a
bad idea.