On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 4:39 PM, Jeff Johnson <j...@san-dc.com> wrote:

> Database is large.
>
> Thanks and you better not go anywhere!
>

> On 3/31/2015 2:35 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
>
>> Or the SQL Server express 2008 R2 edition, which is what you asked for
>> initially!
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30438
>>
>> Surprised to see these still available.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Ted Roche <tedro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I should be here less often :)
>>>
>>> If the database isn't huge, you could probably get by with SQL Server
>>> Express:
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29062

Whole lot of possible incorrect statements going on in this thread.

Are you making schema changes in the db on your system and then updating
the client?

Do they have SS2008-R2 in which version?

If you are not making a restore of their system after you tweak it on your
own you can use 2008, 12, 14 to do anything you want on your end.  The
newer may have a tough time restoring backwards DEPENDING on VERSION,
Enterprise-Data Center-etc.

>From Amazon you can get Developer for 50-80 USD and that is a steal
compared to buying Enterprise for possibly as low as 10,000.  The developer
version does everything Enterprise does but not for end users.  We run our
prod server on Enterprise and our test server on Developer. I will not go
into how much enterprise costs because I don't know what we finally agreed
to with M$.   BABS has 256 gig of ram and 64 cores.

Now WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO ACCOMPLISH?
Can we get a list of major tasks that need to be done?  If so you can get
guidance in best processes to follow.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Analyst