I got this error yesterday. I tried to do a search on the Web for this error,
but, some of the webpages seem to be Blocked - while one page I got a 404 error.

The system I am working on - when it threw the error - it did a Memory Dump.
What I found was curious - was that it shows that a Select Area of 35861. I'm
literally looking at a display of Thousands of Temp files open in Thousands of
Work Areas. This system seems to be rather bad in not closing out Temp files.

I did find a Cached version of a webpage by Jim Booth that claims VFP has
32,767 available work area - which is smaller than the # I show above.

So - the error in the Subject - could it simply be that I the program reached
the Max # of Files or Max # of Work Areas that can be open in VFP at once?

Thanks,
Kurt Wendt
Consultant

GLOBETAX
90 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004-2205, U.S.A.
Tel. +1-212-747-9100
Fax. +1-212-747-0029
Email:  kurt_we...@globetax.com<mailto:%20kurt_we...@globetax.com>
Web: www.GlobeTax.com<http://www.globetax.com/>

GlobeTax does not provide or offer, and this is not, tax, investment or legal
advice. This email and any attachments hereto is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient  of this  e-mail, please immediately notify the sender at
+1-212-747-9100 and permanently delete the original and any copies of this
e-mail.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---