I'm testing this, and found that when you configure COM+ to use Soap (I've
using this article:
http://www.kehm.de/henrik/blog/files/a5019da836d29c3cee972f5f62b5a8bd-19.html),
then every time I replace the component on  COM+ console
(test_service.dll), a new dll is generated on a .net framework directory,
inside the Windows directory (test_serviceSoapLib.dll), then the .net
platform is receiving the Soap message and is calling my VFP9 MTDLL
component. Awesome!

So now I don't understand what part was playing the Soap Toolkit on the
server, if it is not necessary for the web-service to function, and don't
unserstand the DLL that .net generates automatically based on mine on VFP9.

Did anybody know that? It's something new to me, totally unexpected. Up to
now I've believed that for .net answering soap messages, then a .net
web-service was necessary.

Next week I'll try to reproduce this in a 2K12 virtual server (on which
Soap Toolkit can't be installed), and if this works, I will report back.

Regards.-

> For years I've convinced that MSSoap Toolkit was indispensable on the
> server side for answering Soap requests, and lately I've been searching on
> the web about how to keep using existent web-services without it, replacing
> it with something else.
>
> Today I've uninstalled the soap toolkit from a virtual Windows Server 2003
> SP2, and for my annoyance, the web-services keep working, so...  Can
> somebody explain what component is answering the soap requests and passing
> the parameters to the components?
>
> Thanks!

multipart/alternative
  text/html