Try using M instead of C(30) for the cursor.

-----Original Message-----
From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Ted
Roche
Sent: Tuesday, 14 July 2015 3:10 AM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: RTRIM() of cursor data using _VFP.DataToClip() ?

Yet another great idea!

VFP 9 SP2-ish (can't recall which HotFixes...) 09.00.0000.5815 on this
machine.

If I SETVARCHARMAPPING ON and change the field arguments to
RTRIM(field) as field, I get VarChar results. Using DataToClip I get...
fixed columns widths again, darn. Not what I would have expected.

I thought about the TESTMERGE solution, and I do use that in some parts of
the app, where the client has to interface with some dedicated hardware that
has *WEIRD* formatting rules, but hadn't considered that here. If I can get
away with Tracy's solution of hacking at _ClipText, I'll probably stick with
it.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Richard Kaye <rk...@invaluable.com> wrote:
> What version of VFP are you using?
> If you set the VFP data type to VARCHAR instead of CHAR how does that
affect the behavior of DataToClip (one of my favorite functions for quick
and dirty stuff)?

> I think you've probably got the best solution. Alternatively you could use
TEXTMERGE inside a SCAN..ENDSCAN of your result cursor and build the file
yourself instead of using DTC.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC