By clicking past the Features pictures, I found that this is an IndieGoGo
promotion - you are pre-ordering a device to be built some time in the future
by a startup company - your prepaid order is a form of startup funding for the
company.

This is fine, so long as you know what you’re ‘buying’.  Everything may go just
fine.  Or the company may never reach the required funding, may not have enough
money to go into production, may run months or years late to production, or may
just vanish. If they do reach production, I’d be surprised if there were no
problems with the initial units.

And I think Ted has some good points as well.

Dan Covill