I should image it would be difficult copying the data out to text when you have memo fields.

For what you are doing I can't think of anything better than the ZIP file solution you mentioned. Your database contains all the structures/indexes and data that you need so why not use that format?

We have a backup solution running every couple of hours that has a copy of the database in another location and just appends the data to this, then makes a date/timed copy of in another folder. If your system went down you could copy this straight back and it would work fine. Instead of dumping the data it is dragging the data.

HTH

Peter Cushing
IT Department
WHISPERING SMITH