To me, that's theory of a passed age -- and of course, YMMV

Thierry N.

Le 02/03/2016 14:32, Wollenhaupt, Christof a écrit :
Any lawyer will probably say it infringes EULA or whatever -- it just does
not matter.

I disagree... What I personally do and what legal risks I'm willing to take
is one thing.

But it's a different matter altogether if I sell this solution to
customers, most of which are substantially larger businesses than my own.
These customers have volume licenses and get audited by Microsoft, Oracle,
etc. Moreover, many countries distinguish between using and distributing.
Should using this software be a violation of intellectual property (which
is open at this point), then selling solutions might trigger more serious
legal consequences.

It's not a matter of whether it's good to have VFP support for 64-bit
(which is great), or whether Microsoft has any interest in VFP (they
don't). It's a business decision on how much risk you are willing to take
on something that is at least a gray area. Sometimes such decisions turn
out to be wrong and expensive, as Volkswagen is currently learning.