Thanks guys for all the advice!  Ted's warning is good to know -  the
possibility of tangled memo fields resulting from what I anticipate doing
for this project tells me that I will want to use a different approach for
future projects!

I have now successfully opened multiple projects in a single instance of
VFP and started copying click events etc from test code to the actual
project.

Thanks again - Joe